- Open Outlook for Windows
- Select File in the top left
- Click Account Settings, followed by Account Settings...
- Ensure the Email tab is selected, and then double-click on the email account on which you’d like to accept the share
- Choose More Settings… on the bottom right
- Click the Advanced tab, followed by Add...
- Enter the email address of the account that has shared an email folder with you and click OK
- Click OK. You will then be returned to the previous Change Account window.
- Click Next followed by Finish. Lastly, click Close on the Account Settings window.
Once you have been returned to the Home tab of Outlook, scroll to the bottom of your list of folders on the left side. You will now see the account name that has shared folder(s) with you. Expand the section by clicking the triangle icon next to the name to see the shared folders.