FindTime shows what days and times work the best for you and the attendees when available using free/busy data. Propose your selected times to all attendees and allow everyone to vote and quickly come to a consensus. FindTime then sends out the meeting invite on your behalf once voting has finished.
Send a meeting invitation with FindTime
Follow the instructions below to schedule a meeting using the FindTime add-in for Outlook for macOS:
- Compose a new message and add the email address(es) of the desired attendees.
- Click the three dots (...) in the top-right of the message and click FindTime. The FindTime sidebar will appear.
- Select the desired meeting times (you must choose more than one potential meeting time) and click Next. You will be prompted to configure additional meeting settings, and then select Add to email.
Note: The location here will not book a room, this still needs to be done within the final Outlook Calendar event through the room scheduler.
- FindTime will populate the body of your email with your FindTime polling information. When ready, send the message.
- All attendees will receive an email with a link to vote on a preferred meeting time. Once all attendees have voted, FindTime will send a meeting invitation to all participants based on the results of the vote.
Respond to a FindTime meeting invitation
Follow the instructions below to respond to a FindTime meeting invitation using Outlook for macOS:
- Within the FindTime meeting invitation, click the link in the When line to open the FindTime poll in your internet browser.
- Select your name from the Attendees list.
- Vote on potential meeting times based on your preference or availability and click Vote
You will receive a meeting invitation once all attendees have voted on a meeting time.