Platform: Web Browsers
Follow these instructions to embed your Google Drive document in Elearning. This will allow students to read the content of the document without having to log in to their wmich.edu Google account. If you would like to allow students to edit the document from Elearning, please see Google Drive.
- Open the document you would like to use in Elearning and select Publish to the web from the File menu.
- OPTIONAL: If you would like to keep documents from being publicly accessible, check the Require viewers to sign in with their Western Michigan University account box.
Note: Publishing a document makes the contents public.
- Highlight and copy the Embed code located at the bottom of the publish window. You will use this to embed the document in Elearning.
- Navigate to the Elearning module you would like to embed your Google Document into and click the New button. Select the Create a File option.
- Give your item a title and then select the HTML editor in the lower right-hand corner of the content box.
- Paste the embed code from your Google Document into the HTML Source Editor. It is recommended that you set the height and width of the document viewer after the first iframe tag. The recommended settings are a height of 800 and width of 600. Your code should look like the following:
<iframe src="...." width="" height="800"></iframe>
- Click the Save button
- Click the Publish button to save your content.