Schedule your meeting
- Click Calendar icon from the left panel
- Click the ‘+ New meeting’ button on the right of the screen
- Add a title
- If you are only inviting individual attendees, add them to Required Attendees.
Note: Skip this step if are inviting an entire Team.
- Set the date and time as desired, using the options for recurring scheduling as needed.
- If you are inviting an entire Team, add the General channel of the Team which you are scheduling the video meeting for
- Do not add a location unless you will have a simultaneous physical meeting
- Add description/details (optional)
- Click Send button
Starting a scheduled video meeting
- Go to the Team Posts and click the post containing the meeting information
- Click the Join button at the top right of the screen
- Check your camera and microphone device settings using the on-screen options. Encourage your attendees to do the same as they join the meeting.
- Click Join now when you are ready
How attendees join a meeting
- When the first person joins the meeting, a Join button will appear in Posts
- Attendees may also click the Join Microsoft Teams Meeting link that they received in their email.
Note: Attendees do not have to RSVP to the meeting to join.
Check attendance/participants list
The People window will show the participants of the meeting. This is a useful tool for recording attendance.
Click the Participants button to show the people window. Click it again to hide the People Window
- Currently in this meeting – Those who are in attendance
- Suggestions – Those who are members of the Team, but not currently joined in the video meeting
Open the Chat Window
The Meeting chat window provides a space to hold conversations during the video meeting. This will allow your attendees to mute their camera and microphone and ask questions without disrupting the class or causing unnecessary background noise.
Click the Chat button to show the Meeting Chat window. Click the button again to hide meeting chat
Sharing your screen and presentation
- Click the Share button
- Choose Screenshare (recommended)
- You will be provided additional options to share your screen(s), application windows, or browser tabs
- Select Your Entire Screen OR Application Window if you would like to share a document such as a PowerPoint
- Select a screen or application
- Click Share
- You will be sharing the screen or application window until you click Stop sharing the pop-up box
- Click Share button
- Click Whiteboard
- The whiteboard is a virtual space where you and your attendees may draw using colored pens and an eraser found on the right side of the screen