Platform: Cisco VoIP Telephones
Western Michigan University allows subscribers to forward calls to other phone
numbers. The call will be forwarded when your VoIP desk phone is busy or is not
answered after a certain number of rings. You can set up calls to forward to your mobile
or home phone, so you never miss a call. This functionality comes at no additional
- Visit My Self-Service in GoWMU and expand the Customize my VoIP Phone section.
- Click the Customize link.
- Click Call Forwarding on the left menu and expand the phone number you would like
to adjust forwarding settings on.
- To forward all calls: check the box Forward all calls to and select Voicemail from the
drop-down menu to forward all calls to voicemail or input the phone number you would
like all callers to be forwarded to. Start with number 9 if forwarding to an off-campus
phone number, followed by the country code if long distance.
- Click Save.
To change other call forwarding rules
- Expand Advanced calling rules and check the forwarding options you would like
- Select Voicemail from the drop-down menu or input the full phone number you would like callers to be forwarded to.
- Start with number 9 if forwarding to an off-campus phone number, followed by the country code if long distance. Click Save.