Install the Duo Mobile App
Install Duo Mobile by Duo Security. Duo Mobile is an app that runs on your smartphone or tablet and helps you authenticate quickly and easily. Note: We recommend this be done before moving on to device registration.
Register your Smartphone or Tablet
- Click Start setup to begin device registration.
- Choose Mobile Phone or Tablet when asked which type of device you are adding. Click Continue.
- Select your country from the drop-down list and type your phone number. Use the number of your smartphone that you would like to use for two-factor authentication. If you're registering a tablet you aren't prompted to enter a phone number. Click Continue.
- Choose your device's operating system and click Continue.
- Click I have Duo Mobile Installed.
- Activate Duo Mobile. On iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone activate Duo Mobile by scanning the barcode with the app's built-in barcode scanner. The Continue button is clickable after you scan the barcode successfully.
- Configure Device Options (optional): If this is the device you'll use most often with two-factor authentication then we recommend you enable automatic push requests by clicking the When I log in: drop-down and changing the setting to Automatically send this device a Duo Push and click Save.
- Click Continue to login and proceed to the Duo Prompt. Your device is ready to approve two-factor authentication requests. Click Send me a Push to give it a try. All you need to do is tap Approve on the Duo login request received at your phone.
Note: We strongly recommend that you register an additional device for 2FA if you have one available. For instructions, please see 2FA Device Management.
Don't have a Smartphone?
If you do not have a smartphone, please see Alternative 2FA methods.