Platform: Windows, macOS
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird. The Mail Account Setup dialog box will open the first time that you open Thunderbird. If the Mail Account Setup dialog box doesn't open, select Tools > Account Settings > Account Actions > Add Mail Account.
- Enter the requested information:
- Your name as you would like it to appear on the "From" line in your outgoing messages
- Email Address in the format email@example.com.
- Password field should be left blank. This will be configured in a later step.
- Click Continue. Thunderbird will automatically discover the appropriate settings for your account. Click Done.
- Navigate to Account Settings > Server Settings. Under the Security Settings header, set the Authentication method to OAuth2.
- Click Outgoing Server on the left
- Select the Office 365 SMTP server from the list and click Edit.
- Change the Authentication method to OAuth2 and click OK.
- Close the Account Settings screen. Click Inbox on the left and complete authentication using the WMU Login.
To select additional email folders to synchronize with Thunderbird, right-click on Inbox located under the account name on the left pane and click Subscribe... Choose the folders you would like to subscribe to and click OK.