For the best results, we recommend using the Webex Test Meeting to test your audio and video setup prior to an event.
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking. This ensures that any background noise, such as typing or other voices, are not picked up by your microphone when you are not actively speaking during the meeting.
- Plan to join the meeting early, there may be a brief amount of time needed for web conference login and setup.
- Identify yourself once you join the meeting, as well as before speaking if engaging with a large group.
- Include all necessary meeting details in the meeting invitation, such as the agenda, web meeting URL, and any other relevant information.
- Present from a quiet location. You may also consider posting a note outside your presentation space to notify others that you are conducting a meeting.
- If presenting with video, ensure lighting conditions are appropriate so attendees are able to see your presentation space.
- Be sure to start your presentation on time.
- Consider recording the meeting for any attendees that are unable to join during the scheduled time.
- Allow time for attendees to ask questions and engage with the presentation.
Prepare for your meeting
- Prevent Unwanted People from Attending Your Meetings
- Equipment & Audio best practices
- Share Webex resources with meeting participants
- View a list of quick reference meeting tasks
Collaborate and share content
- Start and stop your camera
- Share content during your meeting
- Optimize sharing for video
- Content sharing best practices
Record your meeting
Unlimited storage is available in Webex Cloud for recorded meeting storage.
- Enable automated closed captions using Webex Assistant (recommended)
- Enable manual closed captioning
Use your Personal Meeting Room for Office Hours
Share a link to your personal meeting room with your students using the instructions above. You can lock and unlock the room to keep students from interrupting another student's session. When the meeting room is locked, new participants will be asked to wait in the lobby.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many participants can join a Webex Meeting?
Can attendees outside Western Michigan University join my Webex Meeting?
Yes, using the default meeting settings, participants outside WMU can attend your meeting.
Can I have a managed Q&A session using Webex Meetings?
Yes, you can read more about the Q & A session feature within Webex Meetings in this article.
How can I ensure my connection is stable enough for Webex?
You can run a connection test here. Once the test is complete, the results will display. If successful, your connection is fast and stable enough to conduct a Webex Meeting. You can also conduct a Webex test meeting here.
How can I enable closed captions in my Meeting?
You can enable automated closed captions for your attendees using the Webex Assistant. Once the Webex Assistant has been enabled in your meeting, attendees will see an option to show automated closed captions.