Platform: Network-connected devices
Computers, Smartphones & Tablets
The instructions below are for most devices with a standard web browser, such as a laptop/desktop, smartphone, or tablet. Device registration is only required once, and registration is valid for connection to WMU Secure, WMU Open, as well as WMU ResNet 5 GHz (no separate registration required). Depending on your version of Android, some additional configuration steps may be required.
- Connect to the network titled WMU Secure. If you are connecting a smartphone, we recommend disabling MAC address randomization (if available on your device) before you proceed.
- When prompted, authenticate using your Bronco NetID and password
- Trust or Accept the certificate if prompted.
- Open an internet browser and try navigating to a website, you should be redirected to our registration page. If you are not redirected, please type in the following URL: wnas.cc.wmich.edu/registration
- Review the Acceptable Use Policy and click Agree
- Click Register this device with your Bronco NetID
- Enter your Bronco NetID and password and click Continue
- Wait 5 minutes for the progress bar to complete. You are now connected to WMU Secure
Additional configuration for Android devices
Android 10 and below
On Android 10 and below, you will be prompted for a CA Certificate upon connecting to WMU Secure. Select Do Not Validate
On Android 11 and above, you will be prompted for a CA Certificate Domain upon connecting to WMU Secure. Enter secure.wireless.wmich.edu
In some cases, some devices may require you to manually input the settings required to connect to WMU Secure:
Wireless Network Name (SSID): WMU Secure
Security Type: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption Type: AES (CCMP)
EAP Method: PEAP
Phase 2 (Inner Method): EAP-MSCHAPV2
User Certificate: <N/A> or "Do not validate"
Anonymous Identity (Outer Identity): <Leave Blank>
Username (Identity): [Your Bronco net ID]
Password: [Your Password]
Keep in mind some devices may phrase these settings slightly differently.
Other Internet-Connected Devices
For instructions to connect devices such as TVs, game consoles, and other internet-connected devices to the wireless network, please see Register a TV, Game Console or Other Internet Connected Devices on Wi-Fi.