Connect to the GoVPN Virtual Private Network
- Navigate to the GoVPN login page:
- Log in using your Bronco NetID and password.
- Click the appropriate download link for your system (most Windows systems will need the 64-bit agent). Open the file and proceed through the installation. Once installed, the GlobalProtect application should open automatically.
- When prompted for portal address, type govpn.wmich.edu and click Connect. You will be presented the WMU Login to complete authentication.
You are now connected to GoVPN. To end your session, open the Global Protect application, click the menu icon (three horizontal lines), then click Disable.
Additional steps for macOS 10.13+ users
Upon installation of the GlobalProtect application, if you are not prompted to sign in with your Bronco NetID and password, perform the following steps:
- Open System Preferences
- Select Security & Privacy
- Ensure the General tab is selected. Click the lock icon in the bottom left of the window to make changes and modify preferences. Enter your computer password when prompted.
- You should see the message System Software from developer "Palo Alto Networks" was blocked from loading. Click the Allow button.
- You should then be prompted to sign in to GlobalProtect and complete the connection. If not, Restart your computer.