GoVPN is the recommended VPN client for most students, faculty & staff who are working remotely.
What should GoVPN be used for?
Some services that are accessible while connected to GoVPN:
- Remote Desktop & Remote Labs
- CMS (Content Management System)
- Customize my VoIP Phone Settings
- Voicemail Web Inbox
- Departmental file shares
Download & Connect to the GoVPN Virtual Private Network
Note: You will need administrative privileges on your device to install the GoVPN client. GoVPN is currently only available for Windows and macOS machines (not available for Linux, Android, and iOS - users on these platforms are encouraged to continue using Pulse Secure VPN). Additionally, 2FA is only required for GoVPN for those that have activated it.
- Navigate to the GoVPN login page:
- Log in using your Bronco NetID and password.
- Click the appropriate download link for your system (most Windows systems will need the 64-bit agent). Open the file and proceed through the installation. Once installed, the GlobalProtect application should open automatically.
- When prompted for portal address, type govpn.wmich.edu and click Connect. Log in using your Bronco NetID and password to authenticate using the WMU Login. If you are using macOS and are not prompted for your credentials, see our additional steps below.
- You are now connected to GoVPN. To end your session, open the Global Protect application and then click the menu icon on the top right (three horizontal lines), then click Disable.
Additional steps for macOS 10.13+ users
Upon installation of the GlobalProtect application, if you are not prompted to sign in with your Bronco NetID and password, perform the following steps:
- Open System Preferences
- Select Security & Privacy
- Ensure the General tab is selected. Click the lock icon in the bottom left of the window to make changes and modify preferences. Enter your computer password when prompted.
- You should see the message System Software from developer "Palo Alto Networks" was blocked from loading. Click the Allow button.
- You should then be prompted to sign in to GlobalProtect and complete the connection. If not, Restart your computer.