Platform: Cisco VoIP Telephones
Single Number Reach allows you to set up other phone numbers to ring when your VoIP desk phone
rings. You can set up calls to ring your mobile or home phone so you never miss a call.
With Single Number Reach, you can also apply a schedule so that calls only ring your alternate
phone(s) during the hours your choose.
- Visit My Self-Service in GoWMU and expand the Customize my VoIP Phone section.
- Click the Customize link.
- Under Additional Phones click the + button the add a new phone.
- Enter the phone number you would like to ring along with your desk phone. If using an
off-campus number, be sure to include a 9 followed by the 7 digit phone number to dial
off-campus. If the number is long distance, include a 1 and the area code. Check the box
to Enable Single Number Reach. If you would like to set a schedule for this phone, click
Create a schedule for this assignment. If you would like to transfer calls between your
VoIP phone and a mobile phone, check the Enable Move to Mobile box. Instructions for
using Move to Mobile are at the end of this document.
- Give the schedule a name and then select Ring only during specific times. Enter the
schedule for the Phone, select the appropriate Time Zone and click Save.
- Click Advanced Call Timing to adjust the timings for calls forwarded to your alternate
- Adjust the following settings:
1) This affects how long your desk phone will ring before your alternate phone begins
ringing. If you would like your alternate phone to ring immediately, change this to 0
2) If using a mobile device as your alternate phone, this setting will delay sending your
calls directly to voicemail if your device is powered off or does not have service. The
voicemail delay varies by mobile phone provider, so we recommend using the default
3) This determines how long calls will ring to your alternate phone before being
forwarded to your desk phone’s voicemail. If you would like calls to be forwarded to
your alternate device’s voicemail, we recommend you extend this timer to 60
seconds. You will also need to disable your voicemail forwarding. Instructions for
disabling your desk phone voicemail are at the end of this document.
- Click Save on the Advanced Call Timing window
- Click Save on the Edit Additional Phone window.
- Optionally disable your desk phone voicemail to forward your calls to your alternate
- Click Call Forwarding on the left menu and expand the phone number you would like
to disable voicemail on.
- Uncheck the boxes under Advanced calling rules.
- Click Save.