Utilizing the Duo Mobile app is the preferred method for 2FA access to applicable WMU services but this requires you to have a smartphone. WMU recognizes that not everyone has a smartphone or tablet so we are offering alternate 2FA methods.
Have a Cellphone, but not a SmartPhone?
If you do not have a smartphone or tablet, you can set up 2FA using SMS/text messages.
- Log in to any 2FA-enabled service, such as GoWMU with your Bronco NetID and password.
- Click Start setup.
- Select Mobile phone and click Continue.
- Select your country from the drop-down list and type your phone number. Use the number of your cellphone that you would like to use for two-factor authentication. Click Continue.
- Select Other and click Continue.
- Configure Device Options (optional): Click the When I log in: drop-down and change the setting to Ask me to choose an authentication and click Save.
- Click Continue to login and proceed to the Duo Prompt. Your device is ready to approve two-factor authentication requests. Click Text me new codes, enter the appropriate passcode and click Log In.
No Smartphone, Tablet or Other Compatible Device?
If you do not have a smartphone, tablet, or any other compatible devices, please contact the Help Desk at (269) 387-4357 for more information on alternate 2FA methods.