The following 2FA best practices will ensure your experience is simple and seamless:
- It is strongly encouraged to install the DUO mobile app on your phone and to use push notifications for your 2FA device. Please see our Quick Start Guide if you have not yet activated 2FA.
- The DUO mobile app can still be used to authenticate in the event that your phone does not have service or connection to the internet. See How to Log In with 2FA for more information.
Prepare Backup Option
- Prepare yourself with backup options for when your primary 2FA device is unavailable.
2FA Convenience Settings
- Use the Remember Me option when logging in on your personal devices, which will allow you to be remembered on that device for 30 days.
- The Remember Me option will only require you to use 2FA to log in once per month (if using the same device and internet browser).
- For iOS users, ensure iCloud Keychain is enabled. With iCloud Keychain, your WMU Duo account will be automatically restored with iCloud backup if you replace your device.
- Please visit Reactivate Duo Mobile on your Smartphone or Tablet to learn how to reactivate Duo Mobile if you have replaced your device and the Duo Mobile app is no longer connected to your account.
- Please be cautious when approving 2FA authentication requests. Do not approve a request that was not expected.
- Learn about Phishing to staying safe online