This step by step guide will walk you through how to grade a discussion from the gradebook using a rubric.
Before completing these steps your discussion should be set up and connected to the gradebook.
Step 1 - Go to Assessments
- Click on the Assessments tab.
- Click "Grades"
Step 2 - Select Grade Item
Note: The association should be marked "Discussions". This lets you know that the discussion is linked
to the gradebook.
- Click Manage Grades
- Click the drop down button next to the item you wish to grade.
- Select "Enter Grades"
Step 3 - Review Submission - Complete Rubric - Enter Grade
- Click the conversation icon to review a compilation of the student's posts.
- Click the assessment icon to bring up the rubric. Fill it out, add comments and take note of the total at the bottom.
- Manually enter the point value into the grading box.
Step 4 - Click "Save and Close"
When you are finished entering in grades, click "Save and Close"