Follow the instructions below to schedule meetings using the FindTime add-in for Outlook on Windows.
- Create a new event and add the email address(es) of the attendees.
- Select New Meeting Poll located within the Appointment tab.
- Select the desired meeting times and click Next. You will be prompted to set meeting settings, and select Insert to email.
Note: The location here will not book a room, this still needs to be done within the final Outlook Calendar event through the room scheduler.
- FindTime will automatically fill in the body of your email with a link for invitees to vote on times but you may still add text to the email.
- You will receive a confirmation email with links to check the status of your current poll or results of other polls you have created. You will also receive an email for each person containing the results of their voting.
- After all of the invitees have voted, FindTime will create a calendar event based on the voting and send it out to all participants.
FindTime will create temporary calendar events titled “HOLD” followed by the name of the meeting. These will stay in place until all attendees have agreed on a time. After all invitees have agreed on a time, FindTime will send out a final calendar event and remove all events with the title “HOLD”.