Western Michigan University students are able to grant parents, family members and other third parties access their payment and account information. This allows the authorized user to view and make payments and to view and receive notices regarding invoices and statements.
Students may set up two types of access – set up an authorized user for payment and account information (see below), and proxy access for academic and financial aid information. Proxy access is managed and maintained by the Registrar’s office.
Set up an Authorized User
Students can grant access to parents or others by logging in to GoWMU with their Bronco NetID and password. Once logged in:
- Select Payment and Account Information.
- Select the Authorized Users under My Profile Setup.
- Click on Add Authorized User.
- Enter the email address of the person you have chosen to be an authorized user.
- Indicate a Yes or No to each area you wish to allow or not allow access for this user.
- Click Continue button.
- Read the agreement, and then check the I Agree box. Click Continue.
- Once completed, you will receive the following message: Thank you. We have sent an email notification to this person.
The newly authorized user receives two email messages from email@example.com, one with instruction to log in and a second with a temporary password. Authorized users must log in, change the temporary password, and enter their name to complete the authorized user process and gain access.
Log in to an Authorized User account
Authorized Users for payment and account information can log in to their student's account through the authorized user website below, select the Authorized User Login button.
Locked Authorized User
After multiple failed login attempts, an Authorized User account will be locked for 60 minutes for security purposes. After waiting 60 minutes, you can return to the authorized user login page and have a temporary password emailed to them. Select 'e-mailed' under 'Forgot your password?' on the payment and account login screen. Use the new temporary password to log in.