Platform: Service Hub service management system
- Go to the Service Hub Computer & Technology Purchase Request form
- Complete the Customer Information section, including information about the individual/user for whom the equipment is being purchased for. Select the Unit/Division and Customer Department (mandatory) to ensure proper routing of the request to the unit IT team.
- Answer the question as to if the purchase request is grant-funded. If Yes, the name of the grant and a question as to if the grant is approved is required. If yes, an email notification will be sent to the assigned IT team and individual to remind them to gain approval from Grants and Contracts and a task will be added to the request with additional instructions.
- Choose the type of technology equipment from the Subcategory menu.
- Depending on your selection, the preceding menu items will dynamically change. Continue selecting Item, Make, and Model as available to specify the desired purchase. Add additional specifications (e.g. CPU, memory, storage, etc.) in the Additional Specifications text box.
- Specify the desired Peripherals for the order. If Yes is chosen, you may choose from monitors, docking stations, keyboards, mouse, etc. If monitors are chosen you are required to enter a monitor count.
- Complete the Payment and Order Information section, including Fund Code and Cost Center (mandatory)
- Complete the form by adding a description of the request and then click the Add work order button.
The requester will receive an email from Service Hub with a confirmation of their request, including a work order number. The work order will be routed to the IT team responsible for quoting and coordinating the purchase of computer and technology equipment for the requester's unit. The IT team will follow-up with the requester and the financial approver with final cost information.