Platform: Technology Vendors, Service Hub
Affiliation: IT and Business Personnel
This process is approved by the Technology Procurement and Standardization Committee for compliance with the Rules for Computer Purchasing.
- Read the Rules for Computer Purchasing
- The requester should review the approved product catalogs and/or consult with their IT support personnel.
- A requester or IT personnel should submit a Service Hub Computer & Technology Equipment Purchase Request.
- The assigned IT personnel/team will create an official quote from the University's approved vendor/supplier per contracts and agreements established by Logistical Services and access provided by the Office of Information Technology.
- See Resources of IT and Business Personnel for specific vendor portal shopping and quoting instructions.
- How to Request an Exception to the Approved Vendors for Technology Purchasing.
- If a purchase is grant-funded, as indicated by the requester or the Fund code (25 through 30), the IT personnel will receive an email notification from Service Hub with instructions on how to obtain approval from Grants and Contracts and a task will also be created within the work order with those instructions.
- The assigned IT personnel will utilize the Service Hub approval function to request financial approval from the appropriate individual.
- Upon receiving financial, grant, and vendor exception approvals, the IT personnel will purchase the order either via PCARD or PO/Invoice The equipment will be shipped to the shipping address provided.
- See Resources of IT and Business Personnel for specific vendor portal ordering and payment instructions.
- Close the work order at your discretion.