Platform: Technology Vendors, Service Hub
Affiliation: IT and Business Personnel
This process is approved by the Technology Procurement and Standardization Committee for compliance with the Rules for Computer Purchasing.
- Read the Rules for Computer Purchasing
- The requester should review the approved product catalogs and/or consult with their IT support personnel.
- A requester or IT personnel should submit a Service Hub Computer & Technology Equipment Purchase Request.
- The assigned IT personnel/team will evaluate the requester's requirements and generate an official quote from the University's approved vendor/supplier per contracts and agreements established by Logistical Services and access provided by the Office of Information Technology.
- See Resources of IT and Business Personnel for specific vendor portal shopping and quoting instructions.
- How to Request an Exception to the Approved Vendors for Technology Purchasing.
- If the requester indicated that the purchase is grant-funded, the IT personnel will receive an email notification from Service Hub as a reminder to obtain approval from Grants and Contracts. A task will also be created within the work order with instructions to email email@example.com.
- The assigned IT personnel will utilize the Service Hub approval function to request financial approval from the appropriate individual.
- Upon receiving financial approval, the IT personnel will purchase the order either via PCARD or PO/Invoice The equipment will be shipped to the shipping address provided.
- See Resources of IT and Business Personnel for specific vendor portal ordering and payment instructions.
- Close the work order at your discretion.