Platform: Service Hub
Affiliation: University IT and Business Personnel
Once a Computer & Equipment Purchase Request has been submitted, and the assigned IT personnel determines the appropriate equipment to purchase, they may seek approval to purchase from a vendor that is not one of the university's approved vendors. This will submit the request to the Technology Procurement Standardization Committee for review. That committee will review the work order, the quoted technology, and take one of the following actions:
- Approve the exception
- Approve the exception with conditions
- Recommend alternatives from approved vendors
- Decline the exception
The purpose of the review is to ensure cost savings and that the vendor purchasing portals, which include standard models, continue to provide the equipment that is up to date and relevant.
Standards Exception Process
- Log in to Service Hub
- Locate and click on the appropriate Computer & Equipment Purchase Request work order
- Scroll down to the work order properties section, to the Technology Requirements group
- Select Non-Standard Vendor/Exception next to Tech Purchase Type
- Click Update at the bottom of the screen
An email will be sent from Service Hub to the Technology Procurement Standardization Committee team to review the work order. That team will reply to the assigned technician within the work order email thread as appropriate.