Platform: Network-connected devices
Computers, Smartphones & Tablets
The instructions below are for most devices with a standard web browser, such as a laptop/desktop, smartphone, or tablet. Device registration is only required once, and registration is valid for connection to WMU Secure, WMU Open, as well as WMU ResNet 5 GHz (no separate registration required).
- Connect to the network titled WMU Open. If you are connecting a smartphone, we recommend disabling MAC address randomization (if available on your device) before you proceed.
- When prompted, authenticate using your Bronco NetID and password
- Open an internet browser and try navigating to a website, you should be redirected to our registration page. If you are not redirected, please type in the following URL: wnas.cc.wmich.edu/registration
- Review the Acceptable Use Policy and click Agree
- Click Register this device with your Bronco NetID
- Enter your Bronco NetID and password and click Continue
- Wait 5 minutes for the progress bar to complete. You are now connected to WMU Open
Other Internet-Connected Devices
For instructions to connect devices such as TVs, game consoles, and other internet-connected devices to the wireless network, please see Register a TV, Game Console or Other Internet Connected Devices on Wi-Fi.