Platform: iOS 14+ & Android 10+
MAC address randomization is a feature on many smartphones running a modern operating system that will use a randomized MAC address (the address to recognize your device on the network) upon connection to a wireless network. This can cause various connection issues while on the WMU network, so we recommend you disable this feature when connecting to any of the WMU wireless networks.
iOS - Turn private address off for a network
- Open the Settings app, then tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the information button next to a network.
- Tap to turn Private Address off. If your device joined the network without using a private address, a privacy warning explains why.
Android - Disable MAC address randomization for a network
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Network and Internet.
- Tap WiFi.
- Connect to the desired WMU wireless network.
- Tap the gear icon next to the current wifi network.
- Tap Advanced.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap Use device MAC.