Platform: TVs, Video Game Consoles, Streaming Devices, etc.
Affiliation: Campus residents
Devices without a standard internet browser, such as a TV or game console, will need to be manually registered on the network using a device that is already registered and connected to the ResNet wired network. If you have not yet registered a different device on our network, please visit our ResNet setup instructions page. Alternatively, feel free to submit a request to the Help Desk for assistance with registration of your internet-connected device.
Step 1. Find the MAC Address
A MAC address is a unique address used to identify your device on the network and is typically found in the settings section of your device. Please consult your device owner's manual for assistance in locating its MAC address.
- You may find a MAC address listed as a physical address, Wi-Fi address, or Ethernet ID, etc, for example, MAC address: 00:AA:11:BB:22:CC.
Step 2. Register Your Device on the Wired Network
Your device must first be connected to ResNet for a short period of time (~ 1 minute) before it can be registered. Once that has been done, it can be unplugged for the duration of the registration process.
- Using a device already registered and connected to the ResNet wired network, navigate to our wired registration page (this link is only accessible when connected to the ResNet wired network).
- Review the Acceptable Use Policy and click Agree.
- Click Register your game console or streaming device.
- Provide your Bronco NetID, password, MAC Address (from the previous step), and device type.
- Click Register.
- Wait 5 minutes and reboot your device. Your device is now registered.