Platform: Network-connected devices
Affiliation: Campus residents
The WMU ResNet 5 GHz network is only available in campus residential buildings and is intended to further improve the reliability of your network connection while in your residence hall or apartment. Campus residents are encouraged to connect devices to this network if compatible and available on your device.
Computers, Smartphones & Tablets
The instructions below are for most devices with a standard web browser, such as a laptop/desktop, smartphone, or tablet. Device registration is only required once, and registration is valid for connection to WMU Secure, WMU Open, as well as WMU ResNet 5 GHz (no separate registration required).
- Connect to the network titled WMU ResNet 5 GHz. If you are connecting a smartphone, we recommend disabling MAC address randomization (if available on your device) before you proceed.
- When prompted, authenticate using your Bronco NetID and password
- Open an internet browser and try navigating to a website, you should be redirected to our registration page. If you are not redirected, please type in the following URL: wnas.cc.wmich.edu/registration
- Review the Acceptable Use Policy and click Agree
- Click Register this device with your Bronco NetID
- Enter your Bronco NetID and password and click Continue
- Wait 5 minutes for the progress bar to complete. You are now connected to WMU ResNet 5 GHz
Wi-Fi Connection Priority
Campus residents are advised to move the WMU ResNet 5 GHz network to the top of their wireless network priority list to ensure your device prefers connection to that network wherever available. If your device supports rearranging wireless connection priority, it will typically be available within the network connection settings of your device (specific instructions will vary based on the type of device). For further assistance, please consult your device manufacturer or the Technology Help Desk.
Other Internet-Connected Devices
For instructions to connect devices such as TVs, game consoles, and other internet-connected devices to the wireless network, please see Register a TV, Game Console or Other Internet Connected Devices on Wi-Fi.