Platform: Service Hub
Affiliation: University IT and Grants and Contracts Personnel
If a university computer or other technology purchase is grant-funded, approval from Grants and Contracts is required before the purchase of a product is made. The following process must be followed by the Information Technology support staff from the requesting unit and Grants and Contracts in Sevice Hub per the University Computer Purchase Process and Rules for Computer Purchasing.
1. Initial Steps for IT
- Ensure that all financial information is entered on the work order including:
- Fund Code
- Cost Center
- Total Cost
- Applicable quote attachments
- Assign a task to Grants and Contracts in Service Hub to approve the request.
- Open the appropriate work order
- Click the Tasks tab
- Click Add New button
- Click the Use Task Template drop-down menu
- Select Approve Grant-Funded Technology Purchase Request
- Click Save button
2. Steps for Grants and Contracts
- Click the link to the associated work order in the email that is sent by Service Hub about the task to Approve Grant-Funded Technology Purchase Request
- View the Details of the work order to see the relevant financial information required for approval
- Click the Tasks tab
- Click the Approve Grant-Funded Technology Purchase Request task
- Assign the Owner as appropriate.
- If necessary, click the Comments tab on the task and leave a comment
- Change the Status of the task to Closed
- Click the Details tab, and change the Grants and Contracts Approval Status to Approved or Disapproved.
3. Final Steps for IT
The assigned IT individual and group will receive an email from Service Hub notifying them of the approval or disapproval from Grants and Contracts for the purchase of the technology.
- If Approved: Continue with financial approval and purchase per the University Computer Purchase Process
- If Disapproved: Consult with Grants and Contracts regarding next-steps. Contact the representative from Grants and Contracts who was assigned the task on the associated work order See the task comments and email thread for information provided by Grants and Contracts.