The Duo Mobile app is highly recommended for all mobile devices that are compatible to get the most seamless 2FA experience. If you have recently upgraded your primary 2FA device to a compatible smartphone or if you originally set up 2FA with SMS and did not activate the Duo Mobile app, you can follow the instructions below to make the switch.
Step 1: Log In to the Duo Device Management Portal
- Log in to the 2FA Manager application using your Bronco NetID and password.
- Click Register/Manage Device.
- You will need to authenticate with a second factor before you can manage your settings using one of the options below:
- If the phone number on your primary device has not changed and you already have existing Duo passcodes available in your text messages, select Enter a Passcode and then enter an SMS passcode.
- If the phone number on your primary device has not changed and you no longer have any Duo passcodes available in your text messages, select Enter a Passcode and then click Text me new codes. You will receive a text message with Duo passcodes. Enter the first passcode in the box and click Log In.
- If you have changed your phone number and you do not have an additional 2FA device configured on your account, you will need to contact the Help Desk for assistance. The Technology Help Desk can be reached at (269) 387-4357.
- Once you have completed authentication using a 2FA method, you will be brought to the Device Management Portal. Proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Activate Duo Mobile
- Install the Duo Mobile app by Duo Security on your device.
- Within the Duo Device Management Portal, click Add another device.
- Select Mobile Phone and click Continue.
- Enter your 2FA device phone number. If the phone number matches your existing 2FA device, you will be asked to confirm the replacement of your device, check the box and then click Continue.
- Choose your specific device type and click Continue.
- Select I have Duo Mobile Installed.
- The following step will depend on your device type:
- If you are on a computer, a barcode will be displayed. Open the Duo Mobile app on your smartphone, tap the + button and then scan the barcode on the screen using your camera.
- If you are on your smartphone, tap Take me to Duo Mobile.
- The Continue button is clickable after your account has been successfully added to Duo. Your device is now registered for 2FA. You may now review and configure optional settings within Duo.