Guide to Navigating Quizzes
Begin at your Elearning home page.
- Press Insert+F7 to bring up the links list dialog.
- Use the Down Arrow to navigate to the correct course, listed here as a link. Alternatively, press the first letter of the desired course in the links list.
- Press Enter to go to the Course Home page.
- Ctrl+Insert+B to open buttons list dialog.
- Select the Assessments button by pressing Enter.
- Press Enter again to open the Assessment menu.
- Use the Down Arrow to navigate to the Quizzes, listed as a link or press Q in the links list.
- Press Enter to Open the Quizzes page.
Once on the Quizzes Page, the quizzes will be presented as links within a table. You may choose to navigate to the desired quiz by either links or by utilizing the table:
To navigate quizzes by links:
- Use Insert+F7 to bring up the links list dialog.
- Use the Down Arrow to navigate to the correct quiz, listed as a link.
To navigate by tables:
- Press T to move into the table on the page.
- With your cursor in the table, press Insert+Spacebar. JAWS will make a noise indicating you have accessed the table layers function. (Table Layers allows you more flexibility in navigating a table.)
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to the desired quiz.
- Pressing Enter will take you to the Quiz Summary page which contains instructions for the quiz. This will also exit you from the table and table layers function.
- On the Quiz Summary page, press B to navigate to the Start Quiz button and then press space to activate it and follow the instructions.
- You may receive a pop-up dialog box asking if you are sure you want to start your quiz. Use the arrow keys to select OK or Cancel.
Once inside the QUIZ:
One way of navigating the quiz quickly is by understanding that each question is comprised of 4 main components:
- A heading that denotes the question number.
- A table that hosts the answer choices.
- A set of radio buttons to be selected for the correct answer choice/s or an edit box.
- And a SAVE button.
Navigating to Question 1
- Press the H key until you hear the title of the Quiz (heading level 2).
- Continue to press the H key until you hear “Question 1 heading level 4.” Now you are on the first question of the quiz.
- To read the question, press the Down Arrow twice.
Selecting an answer
Next, we will move into the table that contains the answer choices, and choose the answer, based on what type of question is presented.
- Press the Down Arrow. JAWS will prompt “Question Options”.
Answering True and False and Multiple Choice Questions
In true and false questions and multiple-choice questions: press the Spacebar to select the radio buttons or checkboxes associated with the correct answer(s).
Answering long and short answer questions:
- Press the Down Arrow to read the question.
- Instead of a table, JAWS will prompt you that the cursor has moved into a text field by making a brief popping noise.
- Once in the text field, begin typing your answer.
- Press the Down Arrow to move out of the text field. Again, JAWS will make a brief popping noise to prompt the user that JAWS has moved out of the text field.
To Save the answer selection(s):
- Press the Down Arrow until the SAVE button is heard.
- Press Enter to save the response.
Tip: All responses can be saved at once by navigating to the Save All Responses button. However, it is recommended that the user saves after each question.
To submit the quiz:
- Press Insert+Control+B to bring up the buttons list dialog.
- Search for the Go to Submit Quiz button.
- Press Enter to submit the quiz. Warning: After you submit the quiz, you will be asked to confirm the quiz submission.
On the Confirm Quiz page:
- Press B for the SUBMIT QUIZ button.
- Press Enter to confirm the quiz submission.