This article will walk you through step by step how to extend access to your course for students that received an incomplete. There are two steps, changing student access and extending the date of your course.
Changing Student Access
The first step is switching access for all other students to noaccess, so only the student that needs access can view the content in your course.
- Go to Communications --> Classlist
- Make sure the box in the bottom right has a number per page that includes all your students on one page
- Check the box in the top left of the table to select all and uncheck yourself and the student
- Just above the table, select “Enrollment”
- In the new screen, you can set all enrollment to Noaccess and click “Set all roles”
- Double check you and the student you are extending are not in that list, then click “Save”
Extending the Course End Date
The final step is extending your course end date for the student. This date will be however long the student will have to finish the content in your course.
- Click on “Edit Course” along the Banner
- Click “Course Offering Information”
- Find “End Date” and change that date to the day you want the student to have access through
- Click “Save”