Platform: Windows, Macintosh, Chrome OS
A checklist for instructors and staff to follow when reconnecting their university-owned computer to the campus network after a long period of leave or remote work.
1. Connect your computer workstation
- If you are bringing a computer and devices back to the office, connect your computer, monitor, docking station, keyboard, mouse, network cable, and all other devices and cables.
- If you left your computer in your office, double-check the cable connections to make sure that everything is still connected before turning your computer on.
Missing parts, cables, or need assistance connecting your workstation?
2. Turn on your computer and log in.
- Press the power button on your computer, monitors, and everything else that requires power to ensure that they turn on and start up properly. Check the batteries of your mouse and keyboard if they are wireless.
- Log in to your computer. This may take a moment if you have not logged in on campus in a while.
- Can't log in? Contact your departmental IT support staff.
3. Verify your connections
- Open a web browser (Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox) and go to a familiar web page to ensure that you can browse the internet.
- Connect to your file shares, including your departmental and personal network drives, to ensure you still have access
- Can't connect to your files? Contact your departmental IT support staff.
- Print a test page to your departmental and personal printer(s)
- Can't print? Contact your departmental IT support staff.