Navigating to the Survey
- From the Elearning page, navigate to select a course button menu.
- Select ENTER and scroll down to locate the course you would like to access a survey for by scrolling through the course list.
- Once the course has been located, press ENTER. JAWS will then say the name of the course. You are now on the Elearning page specific to the course you are completing a survey for.
- The JAWS cursor will take you to an option for you to skip to main content, press ENTER and you will hear JAWS say, “main region and the name of your class.”
- Press the SHIFT + TAB button two times to go to the assessments button menu. While your cursor is on the assessments button menu, you want to make sure JAWS says, “awards one of nine” and not “assessments button menu” because this will prevent JAWS from accessing the surveys. To correct this, when the cursor is on the assessments option, press TAB one time to get into the assessments menu. Then press Insert + Ctrl + A, and JAWS should now read the menu items as, “Awards, 1 of 9, Dropbox, 2 of 9, etc. all the way until Surveys, which JAWS should read, Surveys, 9 of 9.” You can now press ENTER and will be taken to the Survey List. Press TAB and then ENTER to skip to the main content. You will be taken to the Survey List.
- You will now hear JAWS say, “skip to main content button,” and you can press ENTER. You will now be taken to the Survey List and press the TAB button to be taken to AT Survey and press ENTER to open.
- You will now be able to complete the survey for your class, entitled AT Survey.
Navigating Surveys Questions
Navigating the Survey in Elearning is similar to navigating through Quizzes using JAWS.
One way of navigating the quiz quickly is by understanding that each question is comprised of 4 main components:
- A heading that denotes the question number.
- A table that hosts the answer choices.
- A set of radio buttons to be selected for the correct answer choice/s or an edit box.
- And a SAVE button.
Once inside the Survey/Quiz:
- To navigate to Question 1, press the H key until you hear the title of the Survey (heading level.
- Continue to press the H key until you hear “Question 1 heading level 4.” Now you are on the first question of the Survey.
- To read the question, press the Down Arrow once.
- Selecting an answer press the TAB button to go to the questions and then press the space bar to toggle through each question for you to select the correct answer.
- To Save the answer selection(s) you can: Press the Down Arrow until the SAVE button is heard
- Press Enter to save the response.
Tip: All responses can be saved at once by navigating to the Save All Responses button. However, it is recommended that the user saves after each question.
To submit the survey:
- Press Insert + Control + B to bring up the buttons list dialog.
- Search for the Go to Submit Survey button.
- Press Enter to submit the quiz. Warning: After you submit the Survey, you will be asked to confirm the quiz submission.
- On the Confirm Quiz/Survey page, press B for the SUBMIT QUIZ button.
- Press Enter to confirm the quiz submission.