The basic functions located under this tab in the quiz tool are: titling, adding quiz questions, and setting instructions and navigation options.
Step 1 - Enter the Quizzes Area
1. Click "Assessments:
2. Choose "Quizzes"
Step 2 - Create New Quiz to Access Properties
1. Click new quiz button
2. Enter a name for the quiz
- Using chapter numbers or clear topical titles is recommended over module numbers as this allows you to identify and move quizzes as necessary.
- Make sure to use consistent naming system so that students can easily identify like items discussed in syllabus, gradebook, and module content area.
3. Click add/edit questions to insert questions into quiz
On the next screen, click add to insert a new question, section or question pool.
- New Question – This is where you enter your questions – you will select a type here
- Section – You can group questions by creating a section
- Question Pool – You can pull a certain number of questions from a question bank by using this option
- If you would like Elearning to be able to auto-grade your quiz, a variety of true/false, multiple choice, multi-select, matching, short answer, arithmetic or ordering can be used.
- Written response questions will need to be graded by instructor.
- Add question text only. The system will number the questions for you automatically.
- You can randomize the order of the response options for some test questions, to do so, select the box next to randomize answers for each student in the question set-up for each question.
- Makes sure you select the correct answers and identify the point value of the question. The default setting is 1 point per question.
Step 3 - Set Additional Settings
1. Navigate back to settings
2. Adjust question settings as desired
- Questions per page - Specify number of questions students may view at one time, select Apply
- Paging: Prevent moving Backwards through pages - Selecting this box determines whether students may look back and correct answers prior to submission
- Shuffle questions at the quiz level - Selecting this box will shuffle questions to ensure test questions are presented in random order
3. Add a description if desired. To add a Description for students, select the On radio button and add text to the Description box.
4. Scroll down to Optional Advanced Properties and Click Expand optional advanced properties. Set any desired settings.
- Select the question mark icons for more information
5. Click Save and move onto the next tab.