Under this tab, instructors can set dates for quizzes to be open or closed to students, set time limits, and allow special access for learners needing accommodations like extra time.
Step 1 - Enter the Quizzes Area
1. Click "Assessments:
2. Choose "Quizzes"
Step 2 - Create New Quiz to Access Properties
1. Click new quiz button
2. Click on the Restrictions tab
3. Set start and end dates based on when you want students to take the exam. To understand start/end dates visit here.
- Note: Quizzes are, by default, hidden from students until an instructor unhides.
4. Scroll down to timing and set limits. Set enforced time limit to stop access after finite amount of time or note recommend time limit to indicate anticipated work time, but allow students to work at own pace.
- If using Enforced Time Limit be sure to adjust the behavior after the time limit has been reached. We recommend "Prevent the student from making further changes"
5. Special access is used when as student needs "special access" outside the parameters of the overall quiz. Scenarios include but not limited to: different day or time, exempt from Lockdown Browser etc.
- If a student needs accommodations for all quizzes a bulk accommodation can be used
6. Click Save and move onto the next tab.