This tab allows instructors to create or attach assessment to gradebook, elect automatic grading and export to the gradebook and set number of attempts.
Step 1 - Enter the Quizzes Area
1. Click "Assessments:
2. Choose "Quizzes"
Step 2 - Create New Quiz to Access Assessment Tab
1. Click new quiz button
2. Click on the Assessment tab
3. Check Automatic Publish Evaluation box next to Auto-publish attempt results immediately upon completion to have system grade multiple choice, true/false, matching, ordering and short answer questions.
Note: This is not recommended in the case that you have multiple written responses to evaluate.
4. Connect quiz to established grade item or create a grade item for your quiz making sure that total points and title are consistent.
Detailed instructions about creating grade items can be found here.
5. Check Synchronize to Grade Book box to Automatically update evaluations in grade book when published.
Note: Both Automatic Publish Evaluation and Synchronize to Grade Book must be checked for grades to be published to the grade book.
6. Adjust attempts allowed if more then one is allowed.
7. Click Save and move onto the next tab.