Elearning is our learning management system for delivering online instruction. This overview will walk you through the steps of setting up your course for the first time in Elearning. It will provide an overview of the most common tools in your course and provide materials for assistance in these areas.
Find your Course
- To find your course, you will first need to login to Elearning.
- Sign in using your Bronco NetID and password.
- Click the 3x3 square button along the top row.
- Search for your course using the title, CRN or semester code (i.e. 202010 for spring).
- Pin the course using the pin icon on the far right of the search bar to keep your course at the top of the search.
Tip: It may be helpful to bookmark the login page for quick navigation to Elearning.
Your course home will be the first things students see when entering a class each week. The most commonly used widgets on the home page include:
- News item - used to send messages to students in your course
- Calendar - a collection of dates from the assignments within your course when start, end and due dates are added
- Instructor profile - a way to introduce yourself to students
Gradebook setup is the first thing you will want to do in your Elearning course after you configure your course home. By setting up your gradebook first, you will be ready to begin adding assignments later.
Visit these gradebook tutorials for assistance building and setting up your gradebook.
The content area is where information in your course will reside. Modules are used to organize content and provide descriptions to students. Your syllabus, course schedule, readings, videos and more can be uploaded to this area. You can also provide links from other areas in Elearning, such as discussions, quizzes and dropboxes, to keep all of your content in one place for students.
Tutorials can be found by visiting the Content Editing Tools section.
Commonly Used Tools
- Classlist - This area can be used to familiarize yourself with your students as well as sending out communications via email to individuals, groups and your entire class.
- Dropbox - The dropbox is used to allow students to upload assignments as a variety of document types.
- Discussions - Here students can collaborate and communicate on a variety of different topics as assigned by the instructor.
- Quizzes - Instructors can create quizzes, tests and exams in this area. There are a variety of different question types that can be used and many customization options available.
Instructional Technology Center
The Instructional Technology Center is available to instructors for any technical issues that are occurring within their Elearning course.
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (269) 387-6958
- ITC Website
The Library can assist you with finding resources and getting content from the library in to Elearning. Content librarians are available to assist you by appointment.
- Hours of Operation: Call (269) 387-5155 for current hours
- Phone: (269) 387-5059 for information
- Connect with a Subject Librarian
- University Library Website