Students - Required
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is required as part of the WMU login process for enrolled students. Students will not be able to log in to online services, such as GoWMU and Elearning until they complete the 2FA activation process. This prompt will occur during activities that require using the WMU Login to access online services. Have your mobile device and Bronco NetID password ready. New students will be prompted to activate 2FA the day after course registration. Admitted students signed up for orientation are encouraged to sign up prior to their orientation date to avoid disruption.
Faculty and Staff - Optional
While 2FA is currently optional for Faculty and Staff, it is highly recommended.
- Currently Enrolled Students—required
- Admitted Students—required day after course registration
- Admitted Students signed up for orientation—optional, but highly encouraged prior to working with advisors
- Faculty and Staff—optional, but highly encouraged
- Affiliates—not allowed
- Departmental accounts—not allowed