Two-factor authentication (2FA) is required as part of the WMU login process for currently enrolled students. Students will not be able to log in to online services, such as GoWMU and Elearning until they complete the 2FA activation process.
New students will be prompted to activate 2FA the day after course registration is complete. This prompt will occur during activities that require using the WMU Login to access online services. Have your mobile device and Bronco NetID password ready. See our Self-Help section for instructions on getting started with two-factor authentication.
Admitted students signed up for orientation, please activate 2FA prior to working with an advisor to register for courses.
Faculty and Staff
While 2FA is currently optional* for Faculty and Staff, it is highly recommended.
- Currently Enrolled Students—required
- Admitted Students—required day after course registration
- Admitted Students signed up for orientation—optional, but highly encouraged prior to working with advisors
- Faculty and Staff—optional, but highly encouraged
- Affiliates—not allowed
- Departmental accounts—not allowed
* Some exceptions may apply based on access to sensitive data and other conditions. Users who have compromised accounts will be required to use 2FA.