Campus residents have access to ResNet, the residential computing network at Western Michigan University. Depending on your location, you will have access to both wired and wireless options for connecting to ResNet.
Every resident living in WMU-owned residence halls and apartments is charged an internet fee. The internet charge varies per semester and is billed to each student's WMU account.
- $80 per semester (fall and spring)
- $40 per semester (summer I and summer II)
All University policies and procedures apply to the use of ResNet. The University also enforces an acceptable use policy and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act regarding downloading or sharing copyrighted movies and music. Use of ResNet in violation of any University policy or procedure may result in student conduct charges. Routers, wireless access points, and combo router/access points may not be connected to ResNet.
- ResNet frequently asked questions
- Connecting to ResNet
- Adding your game console to ResNet
- WMU Network Acceptable Use Policy
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act violations
- File Sharing Overview
- Computing rules and policies
Not all residence halls and apartments have network jacks for wired connections. Not all residence halls and apartments have 100% Wi-Fi coverage.