If you have Windows 10 Home edition on your personal computer (not university-owned) and are required to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro edition per your academic program requirements, follow these instructions to check your current Windows version and upgrade.
- Check your version of Windows
- Click Open Settings (Chrome) or Open Link (Firefox) when prompted. Internet Explorer and Edge will not prompt you.
- Scroll down to Windows Specifications
- Check the Edition
- If you have Windows 10 Home, Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro
- Click Open Microsoft Store when prompted.
If you see "Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro"
You may upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Follow the instructions provided to purchase and upgrade your computer.
If you see "Windows 10 Pro"
You already have Windows 10 Pro. You do not need to upgrade.