Platform: Webex desktop app
Breakout sessions are smaller groups that are split off from the main Webex meeting. They allow a subset of meeting participants to collaborate and share ideas over audio and video. Use breakout sessions for workshops, classrooms, or for when you need a moment to talk privately with a few participants, outside of the main meeting.
Manage Breakout Sessions
- Create and start breakout sessions
- Add, rename, or delete a breakout session
- Move or exchange attendees in breakout sessions
- Remove a participant from a breakout session
- Ask all participants to return to the main meeting
- End all breakout sessions
Participate in a Breakout Session
- Join or leave a breakout session
- Ask for help during a breakout session
- Respond to a request for help in breakout sessions
- Broadcast a message in breakout sessions
Roles in a Breakout Session
Hosts and cohosts create breakout sessions, assign participants, and then, when they're ready, start the sessions.
Attendees can share content and use collaboration tools such as Chat, to collaborate in smaller, more focused discussion groups. See Best Practices for Participating in Breakout Sessions.