Platform: CISCO VoIP Phones
When connecting your CISCO VoIP phone to the network, it is important to plug the ethernet cables into the correct ports on both the wall and the back of the phone device. Failure to follow these instructions can result in a non-working device and network issues for you and those around you.
- Locate the white ethernet jack in your workspace. This jack is exclusively for VoIP telephones.
- Plug one end of an ethernet cable into the white jack, and the other end into the ethernet port on the back of the phone device. The port is typically labeled with a symbol with three squares connected by a line and/or the words "LAN" or "Network.
- Do not plug the cable from the wall into any other port on the phone
- Do not plug more than one ethernet cable from the phone into a wall jack
- The phone will power on if connected properly. Wait a few moments
- Check for a dial tone and place a test call to the University Switchboard Operator at 7-1000.
- If your computer is not already connected to the wired network, plug an ethernet cable from your computer to the PC port on the back of the phone. This port is typically labeled with a laptop symbol or the word "PC" or "Computer".